Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Personal Statement

School had always been the hardest thing in my life. My parents are the kind of parents that are helpful, but in a different way. Not the way I wanted them to be for me. Like for example my dad always say that education comes first. Then in the other hand they both don't care about the classes i'm taking and if I got homework or not. I feel like my mom doesn't care about what I want for me. All she cares about is what she wanted for herself and how she wants things to be her way.

So therefore the person I admire and respect the most is my cousin Alyia. She has made a great impact on my life. She basically grow up like me with parents that doesn't really care about her education that much. So she decided to herself that she wanted a family of her own. She got two sons and two daughters living a happy life with a husband. One thing I like about her is that she likes been independent and live on her own world without anybody controlling her and stoping her from doing what she wanted to do.

Alyia and I have the same personality, but we just don't think a like. She cares more about my education than I do. My cousin is the first person in my life to ask me about my life and what I want to be. The fact that I wanted to be a nurse got her so excited, because that's what she wanted me to be. She told me that its going to be hard, but I should do what I have to do and to never give up no matter what. She will always be there for me for better and for worse. I respected her for what she is and for all the advices she gave me everytime I needed it. She the person in my life that I can really 100% trust.

My major goals that I would like to accomplish within five years or so and to the point where I wanted to be in the next ten years. My goals are to graduate from high school, to attend college of my choice. I would be studying nursing I love working in health care with children and help them feel better. Therefore in ten years from now I see myself as a pediatrics saving babies life and I would open my own health care place. I have plans ahead of me so i'm going to take my cousin Aylia's advice to not give up on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment