Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My First Week as a College Student

My first week as a college student was amazing. College is way different than high school, it's like a different part of the world. All I can say is high school is nothing compare to college. In high school you have people who care about your grade. People who would talk to you and force you to get your work done. Counslors who would help you make a decision, give you information and keep you updated.

When it comes to college, you all by yourself. You got to be responsible for your own thing. There's nobody going to remind you and tell you when your homework is due, it's all up tp you to be organize and know your due dates. My first day wasn't too bad and it's not what I thought it was going to be. I thought I was going to be lost and late to class, but things turned out to be simple and easy as long as you give yourself enough time. I was introduced to my English professor who seems to be way different than the high school teachers. She is more challengeable and does her things on her own way of doing things. The other college 101 class is just all about getting us ready for the fall of 2011 when it's only going to be us on our own world. So therefore we would know what to expect in and out of college.

My study group is the people that were in my English class. The RTA's are the one's to help us out with our homework, because they're in the classroom taking notes alone with us as well. The campus is awesome, you see other students walking around, sitting down eating lunch getting to know each other. Parking is easy as long as you got the time to do it. I'll say the most encouraging and motivating thing to me is that the way the professor teach. She challenging us and making us use our brain to even think beyond the definition of thinking. The professor really made me learn something about myself. It's very complicated at first, but once I get it, I was like wow! is this really me. It made a big difference and a positive impact on me. I see myself as a college student already.

No comments:

Post a Comment